How to Apply Undrdog Pro +Updated 4 months ago
Quick guide on how to apply Undrdog Pro + to your vehicle, motorcycle, or RV
Undrdog Pro+ is the next-generation pro coating that provides durable environmental, chemical, and mechanical resistance along with supreme slickness, gloss, paint saturation, and hydrophobicity.
To learn more about the product, read this article.
- 6-8 fresh microfiber towels
- Applicator pads
- Wax and grease remover or denatured alcohol
- Adequate lighting & a timer
- Gloves and a face Mask
- Thoroughly wash your vehicle with a pH-neutral soap (we recommend our Soap), and make sure to fully dry it with either towels or a blow dryer. Then prep the surface by wiping it down with a clean towel damp with denatured/isopropyl alcohol or a body shop wax and grease remover. Once finished and dried, you may begin coating.
- Prime your applicator pad by dripping 15-20 drops of Undrdog Pro+ onto it. You want the pad to be damp with the product. Throughout the entire coating process, make sure to keep your applicator pad damp by continually adding Pro+ to the pad, as needed, to maintain an even coating.
- To begin, apply Undrdog Pro+ evenly to one panel. We suggest starting on the vehicle's roof and working your way to the hood and around the entire vehicle.
- Apply one panel at a time in a cross-hatch motion. This means applying the applicator pad in a vertical and then horizontal movement to ensure complete and total coverage of each panel.
- Complete as much as you can within 2-3 minutes. Generally, this is one panel at a time.
- Once the area is coated and the product flashes, you may begin leveling. We suggest using at least three towels for this process and working one panel at a time in the order they were applied. Start with your first panel - use one towel to wipe off Undrdog Pro+, one towel to buff off any remaining residue, and one as a final wipe-down to ensure no residue is left behind.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the entire vehicle has been coated and leveled.
- Check the vehicle for any residue and congratulate yourself on a job well done.
Applying Undrdog Pro+ to plastics, leather, wheels, and calipers:
- Prime your application pad. Apply several drops (15 – 20) of Undrdog Pro+ to your pad. Keep the pad damp by re-applying as needed throughout the coating process.
- Apply Undrdog Pro evenly to all plastics and trimmings. Once the desired appearance is achieved, do not touch it for 24 hours.
- Apply Undrdog Pro+ evenly to wheels and calipers, wait 2-3 minutes, and remove with a microfiber towel.
- Apply Undrdog Pro+ to the leather and wipe it off after a couple of minutes.
Applying Undrdog Pro+ to glass:
The installation process for automotive glass is the same as for paint, but remember that the coating lasts significantly less on glass than on other materials and, in rare cases, causes blade skipping.
For best results:
Aim to coat in a cool shaded area - but you can apply Undrdog Pro+ in direct sunlight. Make sure your environment's temperature is above 45° and below 110° F when applying. Keep your area contamination free. Use in a well-ventilated area, and always wear gloves and a face mask when working with chemicals.
Drying time and immediate aftercare:
Once you're done applying Undrdog Pro+, give the product 4 hours to completely dry. Keep the vehicle in a moisture-free environment for 24 hours. Do not wash with detergents for one week.
Once a full week is up, use a PH-balanced soap for striping the dirt & grime. Always dry the vehicle after it gets wet.
- Regular car washes with our Soap and a soft wash mitt.
- Regular usage of our Quick Detail, a product that can add some slickness and hydrophobicity for those looking to get the most out of their coating.
Always store in a cool, dry location with the lid tightly closed.