How to Apply Undrdog ProUpdated 4 months ago
Quick guide on how to apply Undrdog Pro to your vehicle, motorcycle, or RV
Undrdog Pro is designed to have a slow flashing period allowing you to apply the coating to the entire vehicle prior to wiping away the residue. It can be applied in most weather conditions with ease. Avoid applying in freezing or on extremely hot surfaces.
- Brand new microfiber towels
- Applicator pads
- Wax and grease remover or denatured alcohol
- Adequate lighting
- Face Mask
- Thoroughly wash your vehicle with a pH-neutral soap (we recommend our Soap) and make sure to fully dry it with either towels or a blow dryer. Then prep the surface by wiping it down with a clean towel damp with denatured/isopropyl alcohol or a body shop wax and grease remover. Once finished and dried, you may begin coating.
- Prime your applicator pad by dripping 15-20 drops of Undrdog Pro onto it. You want the pad to be damp with the product. Throughout the entire coating process, make sure to keep your applicator pad damp by continually adding Undrdog Pro to the pad, as needed, to maintain an even coating.
- To begin, apply Undrdog Pro evenly to one panel. We suggest starting on the roof of the vehicle and working your way to the hood and around the entire vehicle.
- Apply one panel at a time in a cross-hatch motion. This means applying the applicator pad in a vertical and then horizontal motion to ensure complete and total coverage of each panel
- Complete as much as you can within a 7-10 minute time frame.
- Once the area is coated and the product has flashed for no less than seven to ten minutes you may begin wiping. We suggest using at least three towels for this process and working one panel at a time in the order they were applied. Start with your first panel - use one towel to wipe off Undrdog Pro, one towel to buff off any remaining residue; and one as a final wipe down to insure no residue is left behind.
- Repeat step 6 until the entire vehicle has been wiped and all the coating residue has been removed.
- Check the vehicle for any residue and congratulate yourself on a job well done.
Applying Undrdog Pro to plastics, leather, wheels, and calipers:
- Prime your application pad. Apply several drops (15 – 20) of Undrdog Pro to your pad. Keep the pad damp by re-applying as needed throughout the coating process.
- Apply Undrdog Pro evenly to all of the plastics, trimmings leather, etc. Once the desired appearance is achieved do not touch for 24 hours.
- Apply Undrdog Pro evenly to wheels and calipers, wait 10-20 minutes and remove with a microfiber towel.
For best results:
Aim to coat in a cool shaded area - but you can apply Undrdog Pro in direct sunlight. Make sure your environment's temperature is above 45° and below 110° F when applying. Keep your area contamination free. Use in a well-ventilated area, and always wear gloves and a face mask when working with chemicals.
Drying time and immediate aftercare:
Once you are done applying Undrdog Pro wait three hours for it to completely dry. Wait 24 hours before getting your car wet. Do not wash with detergents for 1 week.
Once a full week is up, use a PH-balanced soap for striping dirt and grime to maintain your coating. Our Soap is perfectly compatible with all coatings. The most important thing besides washing your vehicle is drying it! Always dry your vehicle after it gets wet.
- Regular car washes with our Soap and a soft wash mitt.
- Regular usage of our Quick Detail, a product that can add some slickness and hydrophobicity for those looking to get the most out of their coating.
Always store in a cool, dry location with the lid tightly closed.